The 2011 (Down Syndrome Indiana) Buddy Walk is just around the corner!!!
Because we only have a little time left, we have decided to turn things up a notch to try to raise money for Down Syndrome Indiana (through Little Lauryn's League of Awesomeness).
- There are lots of teams that have formed / are being formed for the 2011 Buddy Walk.
- Our (Lauryn's) team is Little Lauryn's League of Awesomeness!
- Down Syndrome Indiana is great about trying to tie in fun incentives for the Buddy Walk teams - incentives that encourage teams to both raise awareness and raise money for the Indiana Down Syndrome Foundation.
- The most recent incentive is this: The team that is able to get the most money in donations this year will be featured on FIVE (5) billboards in the Indianapolis area next Sept. and Oct. (2012)!
No matter what kiddo ends up on that billboard - it's AWESOME!
What a wonderful way to raise awareness!
BUT...wouldn't it be totally AWESOME if our Little Lauryn was the one up on those billboards?!?
(drum roll please...)
What is the AWESOMENESS CHALLENGE, you ask?
The AWESOMENESS CHALLENGE is just a fun way for us to encourage others to consider supporting Little Lauryn's League of Awesomeness in some way...by making a donation, by taking part in the walk on October 8, 2011, and/or by just sharing pictures/information/links about Lauryn to help raise awareness about Down syndrome and how AWESOME people with Down syndrome are!!!
Please click on the 2011 Buddy Walk - Little Lauryn's League of Awesomeness link on the right sidebar to see specific instructions on how to donate and/or register for the walk!
To inspire you to think about what it would be like to see Lauryn's face and name in "lights" (headlights...cars passing by billboards...get it?), we have come up with several sample "Lauryn Billboards" to share with you. We are emailing and Facebook posting one billboard each day through September 30th. If you'd like to see the billboards as they are posted each day, be sure to check the Sycamore Sisters Facebook page. Otherwise, we'll be posting Lauryn Billboards in "bulk" every few days so that you can see how AWESOME it would be if the Little Lauryn League of Awesomeness team could win!
The team competition goes through September 30th. We have about 10 days to see if getting Lauryn's face up on those billboards is a possibility. We have a ways to go! (As of 9/19/11, the current winning team has raised $5700).
|Billboard 1 - 9/19/2011|
How can you help us achieve AWESOMENESS?
1) Share this post, Little Lauryn's League of Awesomeness links, etc. with others! Pass it on to your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.!
2) Consider making a donation through Little Lauryn's League of Awesomeness team to the Indiana Down Syndrome Foundation.
- By donating through Lauryn's page (Firstgiving site - http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-buechler/downsyndromeindianas14thannualbuddywalkr/nonprofit), you will be making a donation straight to the Indiana Down Syndrome Foundation (your donation does not go through us/Lauryn's family).
- All donations are tax-deductible.
- The Indiana Down Syndrome Foundation has a matching program! Check to see if your company will match donations! This is a great way to increase our totals! (The EIN number for Indiana Down Syndrome Foundation is 35-1957015).
- EVERY donation counts and is truly, truly appreciated!!!
|Billboard 2 - 9/20/2011|
Since it's so late...if you are reading this post on 9/20/2011, you get a sneak peek at tomorrow's (9/21/2011) billboard!
|Billboard 3 - 9/21/2011|
THANK YOU FOR BEING SO AWESOME!!!
(expect the word AWESOME to be overused here at Sycamore Sisters the next couple weeks...)